Oklahoma Department of Mines
Title 45, Chapter 11
June 2013 - Volume 14, Number 6
Summer is a time, so make it a time!
Enjoy Summer Activities with in Mind!
● Stay in shade when possible, and limit sun exposure during peak intensity hours between 10 am and 4 pm. Remember even on overcast days the sun’s UV rays can get through the clouds.
● Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or greater to protect against UV rays on both sunny and cloudy days.
● Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, or after swimming or sweating.
● Avoid midday sun by doing your exercises/activities in the morning when it’s likely to be cooler.
● Wear lightweight, loose fitting clothing to help air pass over your body. Avoid dark- colored clothing which can absorb the heat.
● Drink plenty of water even if you don’t feel thirsty. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can dehydrate the body.