Fact Sheet - 5 Big Ideas
• Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) are
specifically adopted and developed for PreK-12 students in Oklahoma.
• OAS prepare students with skills and knowledge
needed to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
• OAS provide a route for partners in education
to readily follow with fewer, higher, and clearer concepts.
• OAS include assessment stops along the way so
students get additional help needed to achieve peak academic performance.
• OAS put teachers back in the driver’s seat to make
instructional decisions that set graduates on the road to being college-, career-, and citizen-ready.