For the Road Ahead
• For the Road Ahead is a community engagement effort designed to educate
all stakeholders about the Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS).
• The effort illustrates that more rigorous standards will prepare students for
the road ahead, providing them with the support and skills they will need to perform successfully in the classroom, on assessments, and in the workplace.
• Road trip-themed workshops are held locally to provide parents and
community members with information about the OAS and specific ways they can support student learning at home.
• The community engagement effort reaches out to educators, parents
• Classroom teachers decide how to best instruct their students using
curricula chosen by their local schools and districts to achieve state standards.
• Parents attend workshops to learn about the OAS and specific ways to
support student learning at home.
• Businesses partner with schools to provide support by demonstrating
how skills students learn in classrooms will be applied in their future careers and in the real world.