The Non-profit Center
Redeveloping an Empty Department
Store (Circa 1949) to Create a Place
Where Nonprofits Can Grow.
Architect’s feasibility study and engineering
inspections- November, 2007
Purchased in January, 2008
Began capital campaign to raise $2.5 million
for renovation, December, 2008
Applied for Brownfields funding October,
2009, awarded October, 2010
Asbestos removal is complete, lead based
paint removal is nearly complete and full
renovation is underway.